Hostel For Boys (Classes VI to XII)
Cradled among the lush green field lies, the majestic structure of G. D. Goenka International School, Sonepat. Nestling between green playgrounds and water fountains, an ambience of freshness and happiness engulfs everyone. The boarder of our school will find himself /herself in this fresh, non- polluted and green environment every morning. He will spend his days in the companionship of happy and diligent comrades were team spirit, respect and friendship will bind them together. Able and sincere teachers/warden/staff will always be there to guide them through their stay.
The child entrusted in our care will pass out as a confident, upright achiever who will be a leader in the years to come and make you proud.
Infrastructure And Facilities
1. The rooms are spacious, air-conditioned and built in a manner to provide a homely environment to the students.
2. Each child is provided with a bed, chair, study table and a cupboard. Each hostel has sufficient number of bathrooms and toilets. Students are provided with purified water.
3. For recreation and news, they have been provided with a common room having a T.V. set and indoor games like chess, carrom, T.T table etc. Pool room is also available.
4. Mobile phones, electronic gadgets, music system & expensive items are strictly prohibited inside the hostel.
5. A boarder must obtain a valid out-pass while going out of the campus. Only the parents/guardian whose name and photograph has been registered on the hostel form is authorized to take the child with him.
6. Harassment, thieving, teasing of any form and ill treatment inflicted on juniors or other students will constitute a serious offence and may result in the expulsion of the offender from the school.
7. For ordinary ailments parents are not informed. If a student is admitted to the hospital, a telephonic communication is sent to the guardian / parents.
8. A student once admitted in the hostel will continue to be a hostel inmate throughout the year unless otherwise debarred from the hostel on disciplinary grounds. Unless he/she clear the dues, he/she shall not be allowed to take any examinations.
9. The parents and guardians will be bound by the school rules as amended from time to time.
10. Hostel time table and list of articles to be brought can be downloaded from the site.
11. For fee structure please call at school office during working hours Monday to Saturday(9:00 am to 3:00 pm).
Hostel facility is available only for the students of Classes VI to XII.
Well Furnished Rooms - The hostel rooms are adequately furnished. We provide a separate bed with mattress, a study table and a chair and a wardrobe to each student. Each dormitory is looked after by wardens and other supportive staff.
1. Wash Rooms/ Toilets - Each floor has toilets & bathrooms.
2. Dining Facilities - Dining hall where food is served in clean and in hygienic conditions. To ensure pest free surroundings, pest control services of professional agencies are utilized. Purified cold and warm water (during winters) is provided to the students.
Fresh hygienic and nutritious food is available in the form of breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner. A diet chart is followed taking into consideration that adequate proportion of all the nutrients are present in the diet of every student. The Canteen menu is well planned. Special meals are provided on festival days.
3. Medical Facility - The infirmary is run and managed under the guidance of qualified nurse. We have a tie up with few prominent hospitals of the city which provide emergency treatment. Records of individual growth parameters like height, weight, etc. are regularly communicated to parents. In case of hospitalization the bills are remitted to the parents. For any sickness, if the school has to consult a specialized doctor beyond its school doctors, the parents will be informed. The parents have to submit a medical certificate and also inform the school infirmary of any medication the child was under at the time of admission or when the student reports to school after the vacation. A sick child should not be sent to the school.
4. Security - To ensure safety and security of the students school has deployed Security Guards around the clock in the hostels which is further beefed up with CCTV Cameras in the hostel. Proper procedure is followed for issuing of Out-Passes and allowing visitors to the hostel.
5. Sports, Indoor Games & Common Room - The school has a huge play ground and well trained sports personnel to train children in the field of basketball, cricket, badminton etc. Indoor games like table tennis, carrom board ,chess, pool etc. are available. Swimming pool is also there in school.
6. Power Back Up - 24�7 Generator facility
7. Entertainment & Outings - A break over the weekend is welcome. Once in a month there will be an outing for hostel students to the city in the school bus under the supervision of the Wardens.
The teaching staff, resident staff and senior students take personal interest in each boarder�s progress, guidance and encouragement.
8. Ragging Prohibited - Ragging is prohibited & prevented. Punishment for Participation in/or Abetment of Ragging will lead to cancellation of admission. Hostel is not a right of a student rather it is a privilege given to a student.
9. Birthday Celebration- Last Sunday of each month is reserved for the birthday celebration for the boarders whose birthday falls in that month. The warden organizes the celebration to make it a moment of treasure.
The school laundry house is monitored by the warden along with the house keepers. The boarders follow the laundry schedule .Laundry is handled by the house keepers and the boarders are expected to give the clothes for wash as per the schedule. The barber is provided once every month .The parents must ensure that the student reports back to the school after the vacation in proper hair cut. Boys are not allowed to have long hair.
The parents are allowed to call their wards at the specified time (5:00 pm to 6:00 pm) on the given school phone numbers only. Phone calls beyond the specified time are not put through to their wards. Boarders are allowed to send E-Mail once every fortnight. However a fresher is denied this for the first month after they are admitted. No permission is granted on the phone. The parents are requested to seek any permission or request via E-Mail.
The annual schedule on the website gives the detail of the holidays/vacations. The parents must ensure to send their ward back to school on time. Any delay should be notified to the warden/school authority well on time. Students are allowed to stay in the boarding house only for vacations less than three days continuously. For all vacations more than three days the child has to vacate the hostel.